We’ve been obsessed with Miranda Rae Mayo since we first saw her on “Pretty Little Liars”, mesmerized with her on “Blood & Oil” and in love with as Stella Kid on the NBC hot show “Chicago Fire”. So when we ad the chance to meet up with MRM the day couldn’t get here fast enough. Check out our POPchat below.
1. What gets you up in the morning? Almost nothing. But coffee will do it.
2. Your biggest virtue? My turn around time with apologies is pretty solid. I make mistakes all the time but I’m proud that I can admit them and accept constructive criticism soon after.
3. Your biggest vice? I make plans and then cancel to stay on my couch and watch Bob’s Burgers. It’s a problem.
4. Do you have a party trick? If there is a dog I can and will make myself disappear with the dog for hours at a time. I guess that’s not really a party trick but it is a party truth.
5. How would you describe your style? Always evolving and always comfortable.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? The sun is out, it’s about 78 degrees outside and I feel like I slept in but somehow it’s still only 7am. PERFECTION.
7. What would your very last meal entail? PB&J with crunchy peanut butter. It’s a classic and hard to mess up.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? My grandpa on my dad’s side, Martin Luther King Jr. And Jesus. I’m not religious, I would just love to hear his take on what his work has evolved into 2000 years later.
9. Turn ons? Generosity, humility, health conscious, yogis, good smells and good smiles.
10. Turn offs? Poor work ethic, superiority complexes, and names that rhyme with frump.
11. Tell us a secret. When I was about 8 years old I sincerely wanted to be an NFL linebacker when I grew up.
12. Your favorite quote? I love “Success isn’t based on how much money you make its about the difference you make in people’s lives.” Michelle Obama. And “the earth without art is just eh.”
13. An embarrassing moment? I mean I average about 12 of those a day. A recent one was me trying to say “innocuous” in conversation with my cast mates and said “inoxious”. Whew! EM-BAR-ASS-ING!
14. Your proudest moment? I don’t have one in particular… Anytime I manage to make someone laugh from their gut I consider the day a MAJOR win.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? EUROPE! I’ve never been and am so excited to go exploring. I am continuing to write and perform my original music and I am also training with a group called The Holistic Foundation over the summer; an organization dedicated to teaching meditation and creating a space for mindfulness in public school programs. But other than that I’m planning on pretending to fight fires for as long as NBC will have me! :)