Renee Olstead first hit our radar when she was on the ABC Family’s The Secret Life of the American Teenager but she secured her place as “girl crush” when we saw her in the thriller “Unfriended”.
We caught up with Renee for a quick game of our POP Quiz. Check it out.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Ok..this is gross, but sugar-free energy drinks. I like to drink one as soon as I wake up. It’s a habit I picked up when I am pulling some very early calls on-set. I haven’t been able to kick the habit yet!
2. Your biggest virtue? Resilience
3. Your biggest vice? Shopping
4. Do you have a party trick? Playlist mixmaster
5. How would you describe your style? A lot of florals, a lot of vintage influences, and super soft fabrics!
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Waking up early, getting sh*t done, prowling for records, eating good food, & making out with my hubby.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Possibly my mom’s homemade Christmas noodles… or Mexican food.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Billie Holiday, Barack Obama, and Prince
9. Turn ons? Tattoos, old cars, talent!
1o. Turn offs? Fussiness
11. Tell us a secret. I wear a lot of fake hair.
12. Your favorite quote? “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female.'” —Erin McKean
13. An embarrassing moment? Ahh too many to count!
14. Your proudest moment? I would have to say that my proudest moments usually come after making very difficult decisions. Sticking to my guns and fighting for what I deserve, in life or in the workplace, always gives me a feeling of a pride.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I’m in the middle of making my new full length record! I’m so excited for its release and to shoot the music videos that will go along with it.