Want to be on Popular TV? Here's how to join our anti-social network.
Record a short video of yourself. Tell us where you are, what you love, and what you do all day. Want inspiration? Click here
Upload your file.
Enter your full name and email so we can contact you.
Follow us on social media! We'll announce new videos there first.
Video length should not be longer than 10:00. Videos are reccomended to be in Codec: H.264. If you’re uploading High Definition (HD) video, choose the High Profile H.264 setting instead of Main Profile. Files can be in .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .avi, file format.
Files will be compressed when uploaded, however it is reccomended that video size does not exceed 300MB in file size.
One of our favorite new shows to binge on is the ABC’s hit comedy “The Real O’Neals.” So when we had the chance to meet up with one of the stars of the shows, Matt Shively, we could not pass it up. On the show Matt has one of the most pivotal roles, as Jimmy the eldest of the O’Neal children. This year Shively can also be seen as ‘Oscar’ in the newly released film “Summer of 8,” a coming of age story where eight close friends soak up their last day of summer together before heading off to college.
Check out our chat with Matt the trailer to his new movie “Summer of 8,” below
1. What gets you up in the morning? Work. If it wasn’t for that then nothing gets me up in the morning. If I don’t have to I don’t wake up until well into the afternoon. I don’t trust morning people. No one is REALLY happy waking up before 10am.
2. Your biggest virtue? Respect. Nothing angers me more than someone who is disrespectful. I have always believed no matter how much money you make or what your career is we are all the same. We are all working to be the best us and to fulfill our dreams so why not respect everyone. I was going to say my biggest virtue is being humble but that feels like the opposite of being humble.
3. Your biggest Vice? CANDY! It’s my weakness. I’ve gone on many diets but I can never give up candy. Its like a toxic relationship. I know its bad for me, but it just tastes so damn good!
4. Do you have a party trick? This is gonna sound weird but I’m really good at catching things in my mouth. Before we go crazy I’m talking about food. Theres nothing better than being at a party with a bunch of drunk people and having a friend throw a grape from 30 feet away and catching it in my mouth. You would think I won the Superbowl.
5. How would you describe your style? A mess. I’ve gone through every fashion phase. Sometimes I get caught up in multiple trends. You’ll catch me wearing cargo shorts with an Ed Hardy shirt and a mullet. On a good day I’d say “simple”. I don’t like spending hundreds of dollars on clothes. I find something simple and i stick with it.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Waking up around 11am. Rain is falling outside. I go to a spin class. Go to sugar fish for lunch. Come home and take a bath while listening to Bon Iver. Take an hour nap. Have a couple friends over and watch movies for the rest of the night. Can you tell sleeping is a regular thing on my schedule?
7. What would your very last meal entail? This is probably the hardest question. Food is another one of my vices. So if I’m aware its my last meal… here it goes. Start with In N Out. Follow that up with some Mongolian BBQ. Go south of the border and have some Carne Asada tacos. Finish it up with 5-10 chill dogs…. how depressing? How about this. In between Mongolian and tacos ill eat a carrot and an apple.
8. Three people- dead or alive, real or fictional- That you’d like to invite to dinner? 1) Ernest Hemingway. I don’t think he would like me as a person based on what I’ve read by him but I’d love to pick his brain. 2) Alexandra Daddario. I don’t think she would actually come but on the off chance she did I could say it was a date. That would be dope. 3) Oedipus. As soon as he sat down at the table I’d be like “Hey man. Why did you marry your mom? You see how wrong that is right?”
9.Turn Ons? Confidence and personality. I know how cliche saying personality is, but if a girl can’t make me laugh then it’s kinda pointless. If everything they say about marriage is true (you stop sleeping together) then at least i can live the rest of my life with a best friend who can make me laugh.
10. Turn Offs? Being stuck up. Girls who think you’re just trying to sleep with them right off the bat are annoying. You may not find me attractive but you don’t have to look at me like I’m lower than you. Odds are if thats your attitude I wouldn’t wanna take you on a date anyways. Get over yourself!
11. Tell us a secret? I saw Kobe Bryant play for the Lakers in his first game ever when I was 5? I had to pee so bad but didn’t want to miss anything so I peed in my pants. Didn’t tell my mom until the end of the game.
12. Your Favorite Quote? “Without Struggle There Can Be No Progress”. Its a simple version of a Fredrick Douglas quote, and its SO true.
13. An embarrassing moment? The first (and only) time i met Bryan Singer. I was a little intoxicated and wanted to relate on any level. So I told him he HAD to come back and direct the 4th spider-man film… As if he had directed the first 3… He just stared at me for a second and said “ya I had nothing to do with those” and it clicked. He did all of the X-men films…. needless to say I don’t bring up people careers anymore cause lord knows my next screw up will be telling Tom Hanks he was really good in Homeward Bound.
14. Your proudest moment? I think my proudest moment is my mothers proudest moment. When I first booked True Jackson VP when i was 17. After going on 100 auditions in a span of 5 years and something finally working. Seeing her face was the most amazing feeling in the world. It was as if all the work we both put into this (she had to drive me to every one of those auditions) finally paid off.
15: Can you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Fortunately I have The Real O’Neals to keep me busy for now, but I do have The Power Rangers movie coming out in March. I’m only in two scenes but that was a dream come true being able to work on something i grew up watching. Especially because the movie looks badass!