Meet the DJ Duo Darci Egan and Actress Phoebe Torrance, aka MAYBE BABY. The girls joined forces earlier this year, as a way to express their mutual love for music, and have been playing the Hollywood circuit non-stop.
What sets MAYBE BABY apart is their ability to channel the crowds vibe with their signature open format – providing a dance floor fusion of Indie, Hip Hop, House, Funk and Disco ensuring there is never a moment to stop dancing.
With a high profile clients include, Sofia Richie, Ed Westwick and Vanessa Hudgens; this LA-based team has been making some serious waves on the scene playing at some of the hottest spots The Nice Guy, Soho House, Blind Dragon, EP/LP, The Viper Room, The Roosevelt Hotel and the summer pool party series “Love Brunch” at the Sky Bar in the Mondrian Hotel (LA).
We got a chance to chat with this widely talented turntablist duo for a quick round of 21 questions. Check it out below.
1. What gets you up in the morning? D: Coffee coffee coffee. P: Breakfast
2. What’s your personal life philosophy? D: If it makes you happy it can’t be that bad – Sheryl Crowe the visionary! P: In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
3. Your biggest virtue? D: Loyalty. P: Honesty.
4. Your biggest vice? D & P: Worrying
5. Do you have a party trick? D & P: We are great at doing a smoke bomb exit from the party.
6. How would you describe your style? D: Tomboy and clothes left at my house. P: Parisian with an edgy vibe.
7. What would constitute a perfect day for you? D: Coffee then Malibu all day surfing, then back to Hollywood for a dance. P: Six Flags followed by cinema.
8. What would your very last meal entail? D: I’d probably miss the opportunity because I am that indecisive about my food! P: Sweeties and desert (Candy for the Americans!)
9. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? D: Socrates, Winona Ryder, John Lennon. P: Joan of Arc, Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein.
10. If you were a song, which one would you be? D: Good Vibrations – Beach Boys. P: Life is just a bowl of cherries – Judy Garland.
11. If a song were made about you, what would it be? D: Dancing shoes – Arctic Monkeys. P: Imagine – John Lennon.
12. Turn ons? D: Intelligence, compassion, spontaneity. P: Compassion, spontaneity, passion.
13. Turn offs? D: Rude people. P: Condescending people.
14. Tell us a secret. D: I’ve never seen The Lion King. P: Before Darci, I didn’t know what Thai food was..
15. Your favorite quote? D & P: You’re great babe.
16. What is your current state of mind? D & P: Grateful.
17. An embarrassing moment? D & P: During a big sound check we told to the technicians that the system was broken and there wasn’t any sound.. After they re-wired the decks they told us we didn’t have the volume turned up.
18. Your proudest moment? D & P: When we played for Liam Gallagher at his event during the Cannes Film Festival.
19. What inspires your set? How would you describe your music style? D & P: Each other and flirty music!
20. What’s coming up for you? D: London for Maybe Baby gigs. P: I’m filming a movie in England next month.
21. What is your definition of POPULAR? D & P: Happiness :)