POPULAR GIRL: ALYSSA JIRRELS
Dec 5, 2017
Meet Alyssa Jirrels! You may know her work on “Girl Meets World.” Alyssa can now be seen as a series regular on Disney’s “Mech -X4.” Mech-X4 is an action comedy series about a teen boy, who with the help of his friends and brother, pilots a giant robot to protect his city. Jirrels was Born and raised in Sonoma County, California, where she grew up as a classic “theater kid.” She started in children’s theater at the age of six and quickly became a familiar face in professional Bay Area productions, performing in 20 shows by the time she was 14. She would often light up stages in musical theater, but found greater satisfaction in taking on the challenge of dramatic roles, playing principal roles in several award-winning original productions. In her free time, Alyssa is an avid reader and writer, and is a passionate supporter of HeforShe.org, a global campaign for gender equality, initiated by UNWomen.org.
Talk about being a busy girl! We wanted to catch up with Alyssa and ask her some of our exclusive questions because we just know, she is on her way to being the next “It Girl” in Hollywood.
1.What gets you up in the morning? I debated answering this super philosophically, but honestly what gets me up in the morning is the thought of food. Breakfast is my everything.
2.Your biggest virtue? My biggest virtue is probably the way I care about people. My ability to be loyal to a fault is something I’ve treasured and valued about myself since I was a little kid. I will stick with someone through absolutely everything if I love them.
3 . Your biggest vice? Oh, so many to choose from. My life would be so much better if I stopped overthinking everything. I keep myself from enjoying the present moment because I’m worrying about the future.
4. Do you have a party trick? Hmmm. My dance moves are always the worst out of everyone at any party. Literally they’re terrible. And it’s not just your classic bad moves, like it’s painful to watch me. I feel like it’s a special skill to be that bad of a dancer. Does that count?!
5. How would you describe your style? I wish I knew. Classic with a twist. Edgy sometimes. Girly other times. Always wishing I could pull of mom jeans. My style changes with my mood. But that’s what’s fun about fashion, especially at this age. We can experiment and play around with anything. Life’s too short not to have a couple of fashion fails. That’s how you find what works.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Getting up around 7:30 AM, grabbing the perfect chai latte from my favorite coffee house, then going to work on the Warner Brothers lot on a project that I am passionate about, with people I admire, then going to the Panini Cafe and getting Mediterranean food with my best friends.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Oh man. So much vanilla ice cream. And delicious pizza. Absolutely everything that’s loaded with cream and cheese and carbs and sugar. I’m gonna go out with a bang.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner?I love this question. Okay. Lin Manuel Miranda, J.K. Rowling, and Dan Fogelman (the creator of Crazy Stupid Love and This Is Us). Those are the most brilliant minds in the entertainment world, in my opinion. I just want to hear them talk and be in their presence. I don’t understand how a single human brain can produce the amount of magic that those three people have. It’s mind blowing to me.
9. Turn ons? Depth, intelligence, humor, good listening skills, genuine kindness, artistic tendencies, and passion.
10. Turn offs? Arrogance, selfishness, and not being able to self reflect.
11. Tell us a secret. I’m perpetually dehydrated. I never remember to drink water. Wow, I’m fun to interview huh?
12. Your favorite quote? “Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship.” -Denzel Washington
13. An embarrassing moment? HA. I’m not telling you about those. I have a constant loop of embarrassing things I say just playing in my head at all times. NO ONE WILL EVER GET TO HEAR THAT LOOP.
14. Your proudest moment? I worked on the 20th Century Fox lot a little while ago, and the way that made me feel was unlike anything else. I love that lot dearly, and it’s always been my dream to work on a major studio lot, and that was the first time I ever did. When I started auditioning, every time I walked into a lot like that, I would be so overcome with longing and awe that I would cry. I wish my 11 year old self could’ve been there to watch me go to work there every day. She would’ve been sobbing the whole time.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on?I will be on The Mick on FOX in December, Alexa and Katie on Netflix in March, and Mech X4 on Disney XD is out right now! You can also watch it on the Disney Now app, iTunes and Amazon.