BOY CRUSH: LEVI MEADEN
Oct 24, 2016
Meet Levi Meaden, best known for his breakout role in Netflix’s critically acclaimed and Emmy nominated series, “The Killing”, and can currently be seen as Matt Copeland in Syfy’s new series “Aftermath” co-starring Anne Heche and James Tupper. “Aftermath” follows the Copeland family as they battle for survival when civilization comes to an apocalyptic end, triggered by massive storms, meteor strikes, earthquakes, a plague – and the rise of supernatural creatures.
We caught up with Levi before he begins his next staring role as Ilya (an irreverent and offbeat cadet) in the much-anticipated sequel “Pacific Rim Maelstrom,” alongside John Boyega and Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny and Jing Tian; set to start shooting next month in Sydney.
Check out Levi in the trailer for “Aftermath’ and our Q&A.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Coffee. Lots and lots of straight black coffee.
2. Your biggest virtue? Probably my commitment to friends and family.
3. Your biggest vice? The same haha, spend to much time having fun with them sometimes.
4. Do you have a party trick? Arguing passionately on a subject without this smallest shred of belief in it.
5. How would you describe your style? Laid back.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Wake up, have lots of coffee and a big breakfast, and watch a movie. Then go to the gym and out to the beach or park with friends. Have a bunch of people over for dinner and then out for a night of fun. Either that or just a regular football Sunday.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Steak, lobster, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies with beer and scotch.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Orson Welles, Winston Churchill, and Immanuel Kant.
9. Turn ons? Good conversation, passionate beliefs, well read–it helps to get the constant old movie references I make–and a predilection towards dry, dark, sardonic humor.
10. Turn offs? Narcissism, cynics, a blasé attitude towards everything, anybody trying to be super cool really. Just be human.
11. Tell us a secret. I am actually an 80 years old man. Or at least my personality is.
12. Your favorite quote? “I am an optimist, unrepentant and militant. After all, in order not to be a fool an optimist must know how sad a place the world can be. It is only the pessimist who finds this out anew every day.” – Peter Ustinov
13. An embarrassing moment? Ha! There are a lot. I was at a bar once and, thinking I was being helpful, I told our waitress that she had some mascara running, then realized it was a birth mark. She took off and I tried yelling after her that I have one too and ended up standing in the middle of the bar yelling “I have a birthmark.” That one was bad.
14. Your proudest moment? My little brother graduating University with a degree in engineering.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Aftermath is on Syfy and Space Channel, it is an insane end of the world experience with almost every end of the world scenario you can think of wrapped up into one show. Almost every week there is a new monster. It is only going to get crazier and crazier, but I promise all questions will be answered by the end. I have so much I want to tell you about Pacific Rim 2 but I cannot just yet!
- Photo Credit: Marc Cartwright