Mar 17, 2017
Chloe Bridges is best known for her roles as Sydney Driscoll on the hit show “Pretty Little Liars” on Freeform, but she also has a long list of credit on some of other guilty pleasure shows like “Faking It” on MTV, “The Carrie Diaries” on the CW, “The Grinder” (Fox), “New Girl” (Fox), “Suburgatory” (ABC), and “90210” (CW).
But, it’s her latest role as Kibby Ainsley in VH1’s new Drama series “Daytime Divas” that has us obsessed. “Daytime Divas”, inspired by Star Jones’ Satan’s Sisters: A Novel of Fiction, goes behind the scenes of a fictional daytime talk show, The Lunch Hour, and exposes all the drama on set. Inspired by Star Jones’ Satan’s Sisters: A Novel of Fiction, which in turn is loosely based on her time as a co-host on The View, stars Vanessa Williams, Tichina Arnold, Chloe Bridges, Fiona Gubelmann, and Camille Guaty, exposing the daily fireworks that erupt between the five female co-hosts both on TV and behind the scenes. Set your DVR it’s a binge-worthy must.
We met up with Chloe to chat all things day-in-the-life of this in demand Hollywood actress. Check it out.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Coffee.
2. Your biggest virtue? Pragmatism.
3. Your biggest vice? The internet.
4. Do you have a party trick? I’m double jointed in my arms and my back, so I’ve been known to get down on the floor and demonstrate my back flexibility, Cirque du Soleil-style. Although last time I pulled this trick out at a party I had rug burn on my chin for a couple days, so I’m only doing it on soft carpets from here on out.
5. How would you describe your style? Sexy businesswoman. I want to look like I have a very important meeting to go to but that I may or may not get to the meeting via motorcycle.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Sleep in, go to brunch, consume exactly 1.8 mimosas, go to Disneyland or the beach, come home, cuddle, and watch a movie.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Truffle risotto and a good white wine.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Tom Haverford, Nina Tassler, Chrissy Teigen.
9. Turn ons? When someone is ambitious, funny, and more knowledgeable than me in whatever field they’re in.
10. Turn offs? Boring people. Like if I were a contestant on the Bachelor and I had to hang out with Nick Viall, I don’t know if I could do it. I’d probably just take myself out of the running and ask the producers if I could kick it with Corinne instead.
11. Tell us a secret. I’ve put root beer in the water cups at Chipotle before. Am I a criminal?
12. Your favorite quote? “The secret of being boring is to say everything” – Voltaire
13. An embarrassing moment? When Adam and I were in New Orleans I, naturally, wanted to show off my knowledge of my hometown, so I launched into what I thought was a very heartfelt story about how up ahead was the location of the original Ruth’s Chris Steak House where my grandparents used to always go. As we got closer to said location, we noticed flyers with naked girls on them. It was a burlesque club called Chris Owens, definitely not a steak house, and Adam proceeded to make fun of me for several months.
14. Your proudest moment? I once put a piece of IKEA furniture together all by myself.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? “Daytime Divas” premieres on VH1 this year! It’s a scripted hourlong comedy-drama show about five women who are the hosts of a daytime talk show. Our show is fictional but it’s based on Star Jones’ book which is loosely based on her experience being on the View. I play one of the hosts along with Vanessa Williams, Tichina Arnold, Fiona Gubelmann, and Camille Guaty.