May 12, 2017
We are hooked on LA based singer-songwriter Dana Williams’s captivating voice and keep her YouTube channel bookmarked for days when we need escape into a dream world and get lost in her soulful vocals. We got a chance to meet of with the rising star for a quick round of our POP Quiz. Check it out.
1. What gets you up in the morning? My dogs
2. Your biggest virtue? I believe in kindness
3. Your biggest vice? Coffee! I drink a lot of coffee. Just black.
4. Do you have a party trick? I normally leave the party when all the snacks are gone. It’s a real show stopper.
5. How would you describe your style? My style changes a lot, but I like to wear simple, comfortable, vintage things.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Any day that I can take a nature walk with my dogs and write a song is perfect for me.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Pho and then berries with whipped cream for dessert
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Bob Dylan, George Gershwin and Billie Holiday
9. Turn ons? I am attracted to people who are creative and passionate with a purpose.
10. Turn offs? Negativity.
11. Tell us a secret. I’m pretty good at whistling, but don’t tell anyone.
12. Your favorite quote? ‘Play every show like it’s your last because you never know if it is and you never know who’s watching.” My dad always said that.
13. An embarrassing moment? Too many to mention… But probably the time I brought dog food to my second grade potluck.
14. Your proudest moment? For me, pride is alway a work in progress. I feel like most artists are not entirely content with what they are creating, because there’s always room for improvement. So I try to take a step back and be grateful to have the ability to live a life where I am able to express myself creatively.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Right now, I’m writing a lot with other people for their projects and compiling songs of my own for my own project. I am really excited about collaborating with new people and I can’t wait to see what comes of it.