May 15, 2017
From stage to screen Emma Howard has been lighting things up with her triple threat talents as singer, dancer and actress. Emma is set to star in the much-anticipated Sofia Coppola’s The Beguiled alongside Elle Fanning, Kirsten Dunst, Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell, opening nationwide June 30. We recently met up with Emma for a little game we call POP Quiz. Check it out.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Since it’s my favorite meal, I’d have to say breakfast.
2. Your biggest virtue? I think I’m a genuinely nice person and I stand up for what I believe in.
3. Your biggest vice? My biggest vices are definitely BuzzFeed quizzes, Cinema Sins and the Try Guys videos.
4. Do you have a party trick? That would be a “dead drop.”
5. How would you describe your style? Comfortable and cute always does it for me.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? A day on set and ending the day with Chipotle and/or frozen yogurt with my friends.
7. What would your very last meal entail? A Chipotle burrito and frozen yogurt (I’m obsessed).
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Well this would be an interesting combination but, I would love to invite Judy Garland, Betty Friedan and Jennifer Lawrence to a dinner.
9. Turn ons? Tasty videos. (How to make different foods)
10. Turn offs? Homework
11. Tell us a secret. I can do anything I can to with my hands with my feet like pick things up, open things, close things (and I do a lot).
12. Your favorite quote? “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”-Martin Luther King Jr.
13. An embarrassing moment? I was in a community theater production of a show called Bring It On the musical and I played the character named Eva. I had to wear a brown wig that has HUMONGOUS and this is a show with a lot of cheerleading in it. I was in a lift on stage and as I went up I felt my wig slowly falling off my head. The entire audience was laughing at me and I was mortified. Afterwards though my entire cast and I just laughed about it and continued to do the show.
14. Your proudest moment? The moment that I found out I had gotten the Beguiled movie was definitely my proudest moment. It truly assured me that hard work pays off. It was just the best feeling in the entire world that my first film would be with my dream director and cast.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I’m training a lot at school, dance and my several acting classes. The film comes out in June and I can’t wait to be reunited with my amazing cast and crew again.
- Photographer: Shanna Fisher