GRAHAM PATRICK MARTIN
Jun 30, 2017
We got a chance to hang out with actor/producer Graham Patrick Martin, to chat about being one of Young Hollywood’s most talented actors. With his role, as Rusty Beck, in the hit TNT series ‘Major Crimes’, Graham has become one of the most important gay characters in a current broadcast series. As a spinoff to the series ‘The Closer” in which Graham had a featured role, ‘Major Crimes’ follows a special squad within the LAPD that deals with high profile crimes.
Get to know our latest guy crush in our POP Quiz below.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Today it was work. My morning alarm is currently “River” by Leon Bridges. I had to be on set by 6:30 A.M. so I grabbed a cold brew with almond milk on the way from a great place on Melrose called Coffee+Food.
2. Your biggest virtue? Looking for the best in people, always.
3. Your biggest vice? Postmates and Game of Thrones.
4. Do you have a party trick? I can burp super loud. I need a soda to make it happen. I can shake windows.
5. How would you describe your style? Safe. My uniform has always been a flannel and jeans.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Sunday in New Orleans during football season. Brunch at Commander’s Palace with my family. The brunch would include gumbo and crawfish frittata. After the meal, we would head to the Superdome to watch the Saints win. Then I’d finish the day off with a drink at the Hot Tin Bar on the roof of the Pontchartrain Hotel.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Chicken Parmesan and a Dr. Pepper.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? George Harrison. Lin Manuel-Miranda. Eckhart Tolle.
9. Turn ons? Kindness. Honesty. Language.
10. Turn offs? Indifference. Selfishness. Pessimism.
11. Tell us a secret. I love musical theatre.
12. Your favorite quote? “Life’s a dream. In dream you can’t make mistakes. In dream you can be whatever you want.” from To the Wonder by Terrence Malick
13. An embarrassing moment? I was putting clothes on after a shower in an NYC hotel room. I looked out of the window to find that I was putting on a show for an office in the building across the street. That was a bummer.
14. Your proudest moment? Hosting a Charity Gala that raised over one hundred thousand dollars for Covenant House California.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Season 6 of Major Crimes comes out in the Fall. I also have a role in the upcoming Charles Bukowski biopic, directed by James Franco.