GUY POPULAR: DOMINIQUE COLUMBUS
Sep 7, 2017
You may recognize Dominique Columbus from his role as Damon in the Emmy nominated Showtime series, “Ray Donovan,“ alongside Liev Schreiber. But it’s the film “LAbyrinth” he just wrapped that is getting tons of buzz. “LAbyrinth” tells the story of the Tupac Shakur and Notorious BIG murders and the investigation that follows. The California native stars opposite Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker in the film adapted from Randall Sullivan’s book “LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates the Murders of Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G., the Implication of Death Row Records’ Suge Knight, and the Origins of the Los Angeles Police Scandal.”
Check out our one-on-one with this rising star.
1. What gets you up in the morning? Knowing that I have another day to create more opportunity. As well as recognizing the fact that, on each and every day, I have a chance to make life even better than the day before. We have a fresh start every day, it’s just a matter if you choose to see it that way.
2. Your biggest virtue? My biggest virtue is “Lead By Example”
3. Your biggest vice? My biggest vice is learning how to not overthink things.
4. Do you have a party trick? Unfortunately no. Any I can borrow?
5. How would you describe your style? My style is universal, you can’t really put me in a box.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Doing what I love successfully, no matter how hard it is, which is how I feel about every day. The day can always start off perfect, it’s just up to us to let go of what happened yesterday, and bring new energy to the present.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Vegetables, Fruits, Salmon, My mom’s Chicken Soup (it’s one of a kind), Bread from STONE OVEN, and for desert; definitely a bag of Hot Cheetos. “There are all horrible for you, but hey if it’s my last meal, screw it.”
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Bob Marley, Aaliyah, and Leonardo Dicaprio
9. Turn ons? Good energy, confidence, and being open minded.
10. Turn offs? Negative energy, false ego, and being closed minded
11. Tell us a secret. I suck at waking up in the mornings, so I have to take cold showers to start my day.
12. Your favorite quote? My favorite quote is, “If your presence doesn’t make an impact, your absence won’t make a difference.”
13. An embarrassing moment? Recently I was walking and texting, not realizing there was a pole coming up, I smacked right into it. Moral of the story “don’t text and walk, shit gets real out here real fast lol.
14. Your proudest moment? My proudest moment was seeing my family’s reaction when I booked Ray Donovan, they all know how hard I had been working, so seeing how excited they were for me to live my dream and be on TV was awesome. Especially because “Ray Donovan” is literally my dad’s favorite show.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I have my hands on a few things but currently I’m developing my own series that I want to turn into a Netflix original. I also just wrapped up a film that I did with Johnny Depp called “LAbyrinth” a few months ago, so waiting to get official release dates for that. Other than that I’m just taking things one day at a time, a lot of auditions have been coming my way lately, so I’m sure I’m going to start back on something soon.