Feb 17, 2017
With all the buzz around, what is sure to be our newest guilty pleasure, Freeform’s new series ‘Famous in Love’, starring our current guy crush Keith Powers; we couldn’t wait to sit down with him and get all the intell.
‘Famous in Love’ was developed by ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Marlene King, and is about an college girl gets her big break in a Hollywood, landing a major blockbuster movie, but things get complicated as she learns to navigate through on-set drama and off-set secrets of a popstar gone MIA.
Keith is no stranger to working on hyped projects, just coming off of his role as Ronnie Devoe in BET’s ‘The New Edition Story’, or as Dr. Dre’s younger brother, Tyree Crayton, in the critically-acclaimed biographical drama, ‘Straight Outta Compton’.
But ‘Famous in Love’, based on Rebecca Serle’s romantic novel, already has a cult following thanks to its’ “The brighter the spotlight, the darker the secrets” story arc and its amazing cast alongside Powers like: Bella Thorne, Charlie DePew, Niki Koss, Perrey Reeves, Pepi Sonuga, Mark Valley, and Georgie Flores.
Check out our one-on-one with Keith Powers and don’t miss the PREMIERE of ‘Famous in Love’ April 2017 on Freeform.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Knowing I have so much to do that day.
2. Your biggest virtue? Patience lol
3. Your biggest vice? Nothing, I am an angel!
4. Do you have a party trick? What is a party trick?
5. How would you describe your style? My style is convenient. It is versatile and spontaneous. I am open to whatever fits who I am.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? A perfect day to me, is filming on set then coming home to play video games with my family.
7. What would your very last meal entail? My last meal unfortunately was McDonald’s. I was on the move.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Beyoncé, Michael Jackson and Tupac
9. Turn ons? Hard working women.
10. Turn offs? Attention seeking women.
11. Tell us a secret. I have a big crush on a R&B singer right now @
12. Your favorite quote? If you stay ready, you ain’t got to get ready.”
13. An embarrassing moment? Falling in front of my crush in high school.
14. Your proudest moment? Being a part of BET’s “The New Edition Story.”
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I am excited for Famous In Love to air. I want our show to be people’s new addiction.