Mar 15, 2017
We are obsessed with the new CW show Riverdale, based off of the legendary Archie Comics, about life in a small town loaded with shadows and secrets. The savvy teen melodrama reminds us of the early days of shows like “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, “Beverly Hills 90210”, with the dark undertones of “Twin Peaks”; and one reason we tune in every Thursday night is to watch the scene stealing ‘Cheryl Blossom’, played by Madelaine Petsch.
We got a chance to sit down with Madelaine to chat about life in Hollywood, playing TV’s new Queen Bee boss, and her soon-to-be-released movie in “F*&% the Prom”. Check it out.
1. What gets you up in the morning? My excitement for every day! I’m so happy with my life and so grateful that I am able to make a living with my art. Every morning when I wake up, I can’t wait to see what the day has in store for me. Everyday is like unwrapping a present on Christmas morning.
2. Your biggest virtue? Loyalty. I take all types of relationships very seriously, and I’m always extremely loyal to those close to me.
3. Your biggest vice? Impatience.
4. Do you have a party trick? Useless trivia. I’m a little awkward in large groups of people at first, so I’m THAT person at the party.
5. How would you describe your style? Chic, simple and edgy.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Starting off early with a long run around my local park, stopping at my favorite juice joint then heading to set and working all day. Then I’d grab dinner with a friend before going home and reading a book after a long day’s work.
7. What would your very last meal entail? VEGGIE GRILL!! I’m obsessed
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? J.K. Rowling, Andy Warhol and Quentin Tarantino.
9. Turn ons? Good book recommendations (I’m a nerd), tenacity, someone who owns their own sense of style, honesty and ambition.
10. Turn offs? Avoiding eye contact, bad communication and being indecisive.
11. Tell us a secret. Secrets are secrets for a reason!
12. Your favorite quote? “Happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only one chooses to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
13. An embarrassing moment? At one of my first auditions, I was going out to play some badass chick. I went to sit down in a chair very confidently, and I missed it by like three feet and landed straight on the floor!
14. Your proudest moment? As of today, when it was announced that Riverdale was picked up for a season two!!!!
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I just finished filming season one of Riverdale, and I am going back to film season two in the next couple of months. It was also just announced that I will be in the new Weinstein Bros film “Polaroid”. There are a couple of other things in the works that I don’t want to jinx yet!