POPULAR GIRL: ELIZA BENNETT
Dec 1, 2016
Meet British actress Eliza Bennett, star of our new favorite MTV dramedy “Sweet/Vicious.” Bennett plays Jules, leading a doubles live — as college student by day and vigilante by night; taking revenge against the men that have sexually assaulted women on campus. Check out our one-on-one and a clip from her new show.
1.What gets you up in the morning? If I’m filming, I’m always pretty pumped to go to work every day. But failing that, the smell of pancakes will do the trick.
2. Your biggest virtue? I think maybe loyalty? I try to be a loyal friend and invest in my friendships as much as I can.
3. Your biggest vice? I have a major sweet tooth. Ice cream, cookies, cake, candy. You name it, I want to eat it.
4. Do you have a party trick? I have a tiny lump in my jaw that after being x-rayed turned out to be a tooth that had grown downwards. You can’t see it, but you can feel it and it never fails to freak people out.
5. How would you describe your style? That’s such a difficult question! I feel like every morning I wake up wanting to dress differently. But I would say I always veer towards interesting cuts and textures and anything that looks chic.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? All good days start with a good breakfast, so a Joan’s of Third breakfast sandwich would hit the spot. Then followed by a hike, maybe some piano practice, then hanging out with my best friend and her children and ending with a game night with Moscow mules. That would be a pretty sweet day.
7. What would your very last meal entail? I have to say that nothing beats a perfectly cooked steak and fries. Add Cookie Dough ice cream to follow and I’d die happy.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Nelson Mandela, C.S Lewis & Meryl Streep (this took me so long to decide)
9. Turn ons? Good sense of humor and someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
10. Turn offs? Arrogance and ignorance tend to be a bad combo.
11. Tell us a secret. I have an unhealthy addiction to shoes. Can’t. Stop. Buying. Them.
12. Your favorite quote? “Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference” – Mark Twain.
13. An embarrassing moment? There was a massive storm in England once and I drove into a puddle that I soon discovered was deeper than I expected. The car shut down and rolled further in and started to fill with water. The fire department was called and two strong boys had to push the car out with water up to their hips. I was laughing and crying in equal measure and my poor Dad had to drive out at 2am to pick me up. This story still gets brought up regularly in my family but by some kind of miracle, we got the car working again a week later!
14. Your proudest moment? Honestly, I’m incredibly proud to be a part of Sweet/Vicious. I’ve never worked on a show that is striving to change the way people think about a taboo topic and present a powerful message of representation for survivors of sexual assault. The feedback we have received has been overwhelming and so touching and I’ve never been more proud of being a part of a show.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? So Sweet/Vicious is a story about this unlikely friendship between two girls on a university campus. Ophelia is a weed dealing, computer hacker and I play Jules Thomas who is a sorority girl and a sexual assault survivor who is moonlighting as a vigilante avenging sexual assault victims on campus. It’s a mash up of genres, it’s badass, it’s powerful, it’s funny and it’s on MTV Tuesday nights at 10pm!