Popular Guy: Alessio Scalzotto
Oct 26, 2020
The breakout star Alessio Scalzotto is our new fav actor! The Italian-born artist is one of the faces in the new Netflix movie “A BABYSITTER’S GUIDE TO MONSTER HUNTING” and is conquering everyone’s heart with his personality and talent.
The movie is based on the first book in the series by Joe Ballarini from Harper Collins imprint Katherine Tegen Book and follows the first-time babysitter Kelly Ferguson. In the movie, Alessio plays Victor, one of the most popular high school students.
Alessio started his acting career in the McG film and an appearance on “Genius: Picasso,” playing the teenaged Picasso on the series, and had the opportunity to work with the iconic Antonio Banderas.
Besides his acting career, Scalzotto is also a singer and is working on his new upcoming EP.
Today he is here at PopularTV and shared with us everything about “A BABYSITTER’S GUIDE TO MONSTER HUNTING” and his passion for music.
1.Tell us about your character in the upcoming project ”A BABYSITTER’S GUIDE TO MONSTER HUNTING”?
Victor is a popular high school student and is the love interest of the main character.
2. What differs you from your character?
I think the biggest difference is that I never really attended a normal high school. I was homeschooled almost all the way through high school.
3. Can you tell us an unforgettable moment from the set?
The most memorable moment was when after a long day of shooting we met at Ashton’s hotel and the whole cast hung out.
4. Do you have any tips if we go monster hunting? :P
Take a flashlight. Kelly always has a flashlight with her.
6. You made your film debut last year at “RIM OF THE WORLD” (which was amazing btw). Was there anything that you learned from that set that you applied to the set of ”A BABYSITTER’S GUIDE TO MONSTER HUNTING”?
I learned how to work with a bigger crew. I think that getting to know the crew that is working on the film is really important.
7. How was playing the young Picasso?
It was an amazing first experience. It was awesome to travel to Spain and meeting Antonio Banderas and Jordy Molla.
8. When did you realize you wanted to be an actor?
I realized I wanted to pursue both acting and music when I was about 13yrs old. I spent a couple of years auditioning before I got my first role.
9. Outside of acting, what are you passionate about?
10.What are you currently watching on Netflix?
11.Tell us about someone you would die to work with?
Travis Scott or Kanye West.
12. What is something most people don’t know about you?
I have two different colored eyes, and I was born and raised in Italy.
13. If you could choose someone to play on the screens, who would it be?
Leo DiCaprio’s son or the younger version of him. I think he is a great actor and I get told a lot that I could play his son.
14. When you are not acting, you spend your free time making music. Tell us about “Runaway”, your most recent project!
Runaway is my most recent project. You can listen to it on Apple Music and Spotify but most of my music is on Soundcloud. You can find me under Zotto. It a song about past personal experiences.
15. Where is the first place you want to travel to after lockdown?
Italy to see my grandparents and family.
16. Do you have any future plans or upcoming projects?
My plan is to release an EP soon.
- Photography MIlo Lee