Oct 14, 2020
Get your tea to relax because Starley’s new album “One of One” is finally here. The Australian artist enchants everyone with her powerful vocals on the 13 tracks’ album and we can prove that goosebumps are guaranteed!
Starley owns just hits! In 2017, she reached 1 BILLION stream marks for her breakthrough single “Call On Me,” which she performed on Jimmy Kimmel, Good Morning America, and The Today Show.
“One of One” is the first album of her career and shows what Starley is capable of! Before the official release of the album, the singer had already announced the single “Let Me In” and it was the perfect sneak peek for the big album of her career.
Check it out our interview with her and prepare your heart because you’re going to fall in love <3
1. Tell us about your album “One of One” and the biggest inspiration behind it.
One of One is my first body of work! I’m so excited it’s out. My biggest inspiration is always the things that I’m going through. This is a chapter of my life.
2. How long have you been working on the album?
For a couple of years now. I toured a lot with the unexpected success of my first single so it took me a minute to actually figure out what I wanted to do with this project.
3. Can you describe “One of One” in three words?
Melancholic, uplifting, reflective
4. ‘Let Me In’ is a song that really touched my heart and my feelings. Can you share with us how the song born?
It was actually the only song on the album I didn’t write! It’s written by the prolific Amy Allen. As soon as I heard it, I connected with the story so much I had to include it on my project.
5. Can you explain the artwork? Who is the illustrator?
Jon Sommariva is an amazing illustrator, I was blessed to work with on this one. He works with Marvel. So when I had the opportunity to get him involved I was ecstatic! We decided on a caricature of me holding some flowers. Haha it’s something I’d do in real life when I’ve messed up.
6. How has living in Australia pushed your career/life and shaped your personality in music?