SOUND OFF: STALKING GIA
Jul 1, 2016
Meet singer, songwriter, actress, and model Stalking Gia. The New York based artist just released her brand-new original track, “Second Nature”, a follow up to her breakthrough hit “Born Free”….and we are obsessed.
With her latest release, Gia is making a name for herself in indie music game, drawing comparisons to some of our favorites like Lana Del Rey, BANKS, Tove Lo and more.
‘Second Nature, produced by Brooklyn based duo Noise Club, is highly infectious track that highlights Stalking Gia’s warm and alluring vocals, making it one of our favs of the summer.
We recently stalked Gia to find out more about her in a quick round of our POP Quiz. Check it out.
1. What gets you up in the morning? My alarm… (the REM sleep app is a lifesaver). then the excitement of drinking Matcha from Bibble & Sip to get me focused and energized for the studio.
2. If you were a song, which one would you be? Moon River – sung by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany’s.
3. What is the theme of your record? Honesty + Vulnerability. Mind games are overrated, in the end all of the scheming and calculating is a waste of time.
4. Your proudest moment? Getting the support of my Warner Chappell family, encouraging me to put out my own music. I’ve written so many songs for others, so it feels incredible to be putting out my own artistry. Super proud of this release!
5. What is your current state of mind? I’ve got a NEW YORK state of mind! Super focused to get more ears on this song [Second Nature] and to spread the word as creatively as i can.