SOUNDOFF: CARRIE LANE
Oct 5, 2017
Meet LA based singer/songwriter Carrie Lane who recently released her debut EP ‘California Freaks’, a diary of songs that explores everything from love and heartbreak. The indie-pop rising star, Lane has been inspiring people through her music making music for most of her life, so we could wait to met up for a quick one-one-on POP Quiz. Check her ever-so-relatable music and our interview below.
1. What gets you up in the morning? Not much… haha I’m the world’s worst morning person and I have been ever since I was a little girl. Pretty much the only thing that gets me up is presents.
2. Your biggest virtue? I am very loyal and have a good heart.
3. Your biggest vice? I am completely impatient.
4. Do you have a party trick? My dance moves… naturally.
5. How would you describe your style? Hmmm… I kind of just go with the flow of whatever I’m feeling. I love pairing opposites though. Like a super flowery skirt with a hard core band tee or sneakers and a prom dress.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Ohhhh I love swimming in pools and enjoying the sunshine. I think I could be doing honestly anything though and if I was surrounded by all the people I love, that would be the best.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Grilled cheese and french fries. My fave.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Audrey Hepburn, Bruce Springsteen, my grandfather.
9. Turn ons? Confidence and a killer smile
10. Turn offs? Liars
11. Tell us a secret. I’m heartbroken right now.
12. Your favorite quote? Happy girls are the prettiest.
13. An embarrassing moment? I pee myself… like quite a bit. If I laugh too hard at something, all bets are off.
14. Your proudest moment? When my parents told me they don’t worry about me anymore.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Sure! I have a lot of unreleased music that is going to be hitting soon. Along with new visuals and tour dates as well.